Video is growing very rapidly as the preferred content type for audiences and advertisers as well. The tips will help you create effective videos.
- Breaking Out Video Ads: Native vs. In-Stream
- The Truth About In Banner Video Advertising Yield
- The State of Video Ad Fraud by the Numbers
Video content has been proven to be more effective in promoting your products online, resulting in higher conversion rates and a more positive view of your brand.
To create a video presenting your activity, it is often complicated to know where to start. Here are some practical tips to boost your video content.
Define your objectives
A very important step is to define your objectives because it will all start there. There can be as many objectives as there are startups, but here are a few to give you some examples:
- Introduce the startup. The purpose of your video is to be as clear as possible in your message so that anyone can understand your startup’s activity after seeing the video.
- Get as much impact as possible. The goal of your video is to be shared by as many people as possible by offering surprising, humorous or unusual content. This is the case, for example, with the Tracktl startup video (see example below).
- Educate your audience on specific topics. The aim is to establish yourself as an expert in your field through conferences (or other formats). This is the path The Family has followed since the beginning, involving different specialists on specific topics.
Choose the right format
Once you had defined our objective, you thought a lot about the format to use to best communicate our message. You can choose between 3 formats:
- The classic video format. The main problem is that it involves filming scenes, and with inappropriate equipment, it can quickly look amateurish. Moreover, to choose this format, it is necessary to have “actors” who hold the road at the risk of producing a video that is really not very credible. However, with good actors and a good scenario idea, the result can be exceptional, such as Glassjar Payments.
- The “screenshot” video. It is generally very simple to make, you just have to take screenshots of your site or app, explaining the various features. The advantage is that you can present a very clear video at a lower cost, but it usually lacks a bit of storytelling.
- Video in Motion Design. It is a format that relies entirely on the animation of computer-generated visuals. So you don’t need to film anything. However, this usually requires the skills of a professional.
If we choose the format in motion design. There are several reasons for this choice:
- No need for actors and staging.
- Possibility to present our pitch in a clear and dynamic way.
- Format very suitable for startup presentation.
Write the scenario
Once the format was chosen, it was necessary to focus on writing the script. This is very important to build the story you want to tell, and test your initial idea on several people.
It is necessary to start from a very simple but generally very effective structure: context – problem – solution.
· Context: presentation of the main trends in the sector in which you operate.
· Problem: presentation of the main problem(s) of the sector.
· Solution: presentation of your solution and why you solve the problems of the market.
Make the video
This is probably the longest and most technical step. It depends mainly on the format you have chosen >>> READ MORE