In this week’s episode
This week, Robert ponders how we handle filling big shoes. We discuss recent reader revenue moves from CNN and the Guardian, and why Facebook may have nothing to fear from ad blockers. In other news, we debate whether content marketing is in crisis or on the verge of its biggest opportunity yet. Our rants and raves cover audience building and how the flight to video could hurt publishers; then we close with an example of the week on the Electric Boat Company.
- (00:01): An advertising blast from the past: “Buster Brown Shoes”
- (00:30): Robert muses on this week’s theme: How big are the shoes you have to fill?
- (05:25): Welcome to Episode 208: Recorded live on November 5, 2017 (Running time: 1:05:08)
- (06:45): Content Marketing Master Classes – Our multi-city tour is returning for another round of in-depth content marketing training. Starting on November 6, we’ll be making stops in Boston; New York; Washington, DC; Seattle; San Francisco; Chicago; Atlanta; and Austin, Texas. Robert and I would love to see you there, so register today.
The quick hits – Notable news and trends
- (11:11): CNN plans commerce and new subscription-based service; Guardian boasts…