Influencer marketing is fast becoming mainstream. Despite having enough evidence of its efficiency, many brands are yet to try it. This is typical and customary for any innovation. There will be trendsetters and there will be laggards and opposers. However, influencer marketing has systematically suffered a perceptive bias.
Influencer marketing is much more than threadbare celebrity marketing. It involves leveraging online aces to promote products and services to their custom or target audience. Influencer marketing is not typical celebrity marketing. They are specialists, whose fans and followers have shared interests.
- Influencers spend a lot time building their brand and cultivate their audience.
- If they understand how your brand or product could benefit the followers, they will happily work with you. However, it can only click if you sell a premium product.
- If you have a substandard or shoddy product, nothing can help you generate repeat sales.
- Influencer marketing focuses on delivery. Businesses work with prominent persons in their market segment to market and distribute content.
- One of the most viable ways to implement influencer marketing is to distribute content.
- You need to know influencers will primarily create the material they share. If there’s some overlap or faux pass, influencer marketing is undoubtedly one of the safest distribution procedures for content marketing.
Building a social media audience
Connecting and engaging proper influencers should be an integral part of your marketing strategy. You need to find and follow them in your industry. Influencer marketing is all to grow in 2020. So, choose influencers who are active on social platforms where you have a presence. Make sure their views sync with your brand positioning and point of view.
- Interact with their posts by liking, sharing, and commenting. The strategy of ego baiting to engage influencers is always a viable one.
- Quote influencers in your blog and on social media. Mention their name and work in a positive context. The results will surprise you.
- Influencers might showcase your mention with their followers. They may even link them to your content.
- You can directly reach out to them. Compliment an influencer on his/her content. Ask the person whether you can commission a piece for your blog or not.
- Although it may cost you some money, it will surely give you the attention you need.
- Having one article from a renowned influencer will incredibly boost your content.
- Keep in mind that while attracting influencers is a viable starting point, the main goal of your social media plan should be to go in that place.
- Influencer status works wonders for your social media marketing.
- By interacting and networking with other influencers, you can learn a lot about the modality.
Boosting your brand
70% of teenage subscribers of YouTube trust and regard influencer opinions and words over traditional icons. On average, brands generate $7 for every $1 they invest in influencer marketing. At least 49% of consumers depend on their recommendations.
- Almost 90% of marketers affirm that ROI from this marketing is either better or comparable with other marketing mechanisms.
- The influencer marketing sphere is supposed to cross $10 billion by the end of 2020.
- As paid advertisement costs keep rising on Instagram and YouTube, brands must find a way to survive.
- Influencer marketing enters at this stage. Working with them can be cost-effective. For example, you can buy into the influencer’s loyal and often huge followers for Instagram.
- Industries can photography, beauty, and fashion have seen a mercurial rise in influencer marketing’s popularity over the last few years.
Recent surveys show that 58% of fashion brands currently leverage influencer concords and 22% expect to start using it soon. The influencer marketing ambit still has a long way to go before it fizzles out or gets saturated. Brands keep relying on influencer marketing because they have real power.
Word-of-mouth promotion and marketing can drive sales better than anything. 74% of consumers say that others’ referrals influence their purchasing directives. It provides a scope for brands to leverage the bandwidth of social proof.
Shaping a conversation
It’s one of the main influencer marketing strategies. Before you rise to an influencer’s status, it’s crucial to understand that advocating a subject area or cause is not akin to becoming an influential figure.
- For people to perceive you as a genuine influencer in a particular domain, you need to define and shape the conversation.
- You cannot simply advocate anything that you discuss.
- Check if your take on a mater is genuinely new, or you’re doing a tedious rehash. Check if your opinions or ideas challenge current conventions about your field.
- Your own niche matters a lot too. If you seek to become an authority in your sector, you must own your segment or niche.
Knowing a great deal about a handful of subjects won’t suffice.
- You need to focus on specific areas and transform them into your niche.
- You should always aim to influencers the whos’ who of influencers.
- Many persons assume that to become a respected and effective influencer in their industry, you have to reach as many folks as possible.
Influencer marketing isn’t merely about reaching swarms of people. It’s about locating and reaching the right ones. Ultimately, you need the experts’ implicit vouching and endorsement of your product. That will give your product the traction it deserves.
Help from technology
Tech helps you find influencers easily. With evolving technology, social media can easily overwhelm.
- It becomes an afterthought for many brands, but in reality, nurturing brand awareness and attraction is the most pivotal thing to grow your small business.
- There are premier sites and networks, wherein you don’t need a huge marketing budget or existing influencer pool/network to start things.
- You just choose the content you like and negotiate the cost of each submission on the basis of a recommended rate.
- Next, you can scale up the campaign to a level that bolsters or suits your brand.
Since statistics don’t lie, the most worthwhile aspect of influencer marketing is not its engagement or reach. It’s the ability to directly tap and target customers, who are eager to know about your brand.