Tracking relevant content marketing KPIs (key performance indicators) is crucial, and for good reason. It can help marketers polish their campaigns for the future and make the most of their resources.
The question is: which KPIs should you track?
This majorly depends on your goals, but that isn’t all. It also depends on how mature and well-established your brand is.
Are You Just Getting Started?
If you are in the startup phase, your content marketing campaigns are likely to be focused on having more conversations about your brand, educating audiences about your products, and building a loyal online following.
Some KPIs you can track are:
- Overall traffic: You should keep track of the number of people who are visiting your website, where they’re coming from, and who they are.
Do they align with your targeted buyer persona?
You can also monitor your average session duration and see if your content is engaging people to stay for long.
- Engagement rate: A good content marketing campaign focuses on creating engaging content that adds value to your consumers’ lives, is visually-pleasing, and makes for a scroll-stopping experience.
Is Your Business Decently Established?
In this stage, you probably have a clearer vision and plan. Plus, your brand has a decent online following and people are able to recognize it.
Additional KPIs you can track are:
- Inbound links: How many people are linking back to your content? Who are they? Getting a greater number of brand mentions means that you’re on the right path.
- Conversion rate: It all comes down to this. Is part of your online traffic converting to money-paying customers? If not, you need to reassess your strategy.
Do You Want to Scale Your Business Further?
Once your business reaches maturity, you’ll have a decently large customer base and, probably, a well-established online presence.
So, along with other metrics, you should also track and monitor KPIs like:
- Cost per lead
- The length of your sales cycle
- Customer acquisition cost
In short, the KPIs you track should keep evolving as your business grows.
To generate maximum benefits from your campaign, you can leverage an effective content marketing platform. To discover the best ones out there, head over to my blog, ShaneBarker.com.
If you want to learn more about content marketing KPIs, don’t miss checking out the infographic below.